Monday 26 November 2012

Joel Bransky Volunteer



I volunteered with Juan and Abelina for two weeks. Born and raised a bleeding heart liberal, I came to Cyrila's suspicious that a business could effectively conserve the environment and the community. Juan and Abelina proved that notion dead wrong. Good ripples outward from Cyrila's like in a cup of hot cocoa! Cyrila's cacao is organically sourced from either the Chos' own farm or from other small Toledo farms, providing these farmers with a good living and an incentive to preserve their soil. Juan and Abelina keep Mayan traditions alive with their chocolate and their knowledge (cultural shack with marimba coming soon!)






Juan, Abelina, Henry, and Lucresha are a fun, generous family and I really enjoyed my time with them. Talk with them about Mayan lore and the happenings in Toledo! And make sure to ask for Abelina's internationally famous habanero sauce... I still have some with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment